Have you ever made a decision that you believe could have altered your life path?
Have you ever made a decision that you believe could have altered your life path?
I believe I have made many decisions that could have altered my life path. Many people believe that the decisions they make sometimes won’t bring them any consequences when in reality it does. Many of us have something that identifies us. I think because I was very young and did not think of the consequences I used to act without thinking. I’ve had a few mess ups along the way. I did a big one when I was sixteen. I used to think life was all full of fun moments and having no care in the world until I had to go through a rough phase that made me become more aware of my decisions at this age. I used to get caught up in the moment with “friends” in highschool and was reckless thinking it made me cool. I was the only one with a car and I just felt like everybody genuinely wanted to be my friend when in reality they weren’t the ones I could confine in at all. I made a lot of poor decisions but we always live and learn from our mistakes.
I’m twenty one now and I would not do the same thing I did back then. I'm wiser and learned from previous experiences what not to do. I could have lost everyone around me. I did lose my parents' trust and that was the hardest to gain back. I regretted making a careless decision without thinking about the people who actually care about me. I'm grateful I was young when that situation happened because if I was older I would’ve faced deeper consequences that would have marked my life forever. I know that if it went the wrong way, my parents would have always been disappointed, my family would have treated me differently and people in general would have criticized me just because of my past. I feel like if the situation had gone the wrong way, my life would be so much different and perhaps I wouldn’t be where I am at right now. I would of chosen to go deeper into the wrong path, would be depressed because of what happened and most likely would have tried certain things to numb the feeling I would have.The decision I made was not smart at all but I thought nothing would happen and mostly that I was young thinking it wouldn’t be bad for me regardless.
The decision I made at that moment could have been easily avoided if I just thought for a second before doing it. I should’ve asked myself, “is it a smart choice what you’re about to do?” “what can possibly happen if this goes wrong?” Those questions did not go through my head at all and that was my mistake. Comparing my decision choices to before, I’m more aware of not just acting right there and then but rather taking a moment to myself to acknowledge first before anything. Not many people have more opportunities to change the way they make decisions but I definitely learned from my own experience.
I agree as a kid I also made some decisions that I wish I would've sat down and thought about before doing. However I think that if i didn't make those decisions that i did those days I wouldn't be where I am today, flourishing. Everything would be different and I don't know if that's a good thing.
ReplyDeleteHey Thalia ! Thanks for sharing! I can relate, when your young you think your "friends" are the only ones who understand you and truly have your back. As you get older, you start to understand that the people who will truly want to best for you is your parents. I am happy you were able to gain your parents trust !
ReplyDeleteHi Thalia! I appreciate you sharing so much of yourself with this post. When we are young we tend to make choices and decisions that aren't well thought out. I'm glad that you have realized that the choices you were making could have led you down a path that might not have been the best for you. The best thing we can do as individuals is take our experiences and learn from them as best as we can!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog post Thalia! I think you did a fantastic job at expressing what all have gone through when making compulsive decisions as we are young. We don't fully comprehend until we get older and we tend to weigh in our options and outcomes!
ReplyDeleteHello Thalia,
ReplyDeleteI think you have done a great job of reflecting on your past decisions and the consequences in your blog. You share the experience of making a bad decision in your youth and the impact it had on your life and relationships. You also acknowledge the mistake and express regret for not thinking of the consequences of your actions at the moment. You show growth and maturity by stating that you have learned from your mistakes and are willing to think more when making a big decision. The use of personal anecdotes and introspection adds authenticity to your writing, making it relatable to readers. Overall, you did a great job on the blog.