Are we products of our environment or products of our expectations?
Are we products of our environment or products of our expectations?
I believe that we are a little bit of both. I’m more of being products of our expectations because of how things are viewed at home and how we see others manage their life. Being surrounded by positive expectations, we chose to follow that because of the positive outcome. We expect a lot of ourselves because we receive the same energy from our family members or our loved ones next to us. It also connects to how much we believe in ourselves. If we set a goal to accomplish something and we remain positive then there’s a higher chance for it to workout the way that we want it. The more we have higher expectations along with having faith in ourselves then the more we’ll fight for it to happen. Our expectations matter the most because it’s how things will workout for us. It can influence our thoughts,feelings and behaviors which results in acting out from it.
It’s important the way that we view ourselves because it sets a mindset that you tend to follow. The people around us also play a role in our expectations because of the way they view us or speak about us. Most of us take into consideration what others may say about us especially if it’s a family member such as parents. The people around us also have to be aware of how we view them and the image we set about them. It can be a situation where we have an opportunity to try out for a sport or even a new job and we mention it to our parents expecting to receive good comments and support into believing in you but it results in the whole opposite. Receiving negative energy from others before attempting a task or anything, it can bring you down from how excited you might have been. For example, if we start to doubt ourselves and our mind is full of negative thoughts it can take over and it’ll make you lose motivation to do what you want to do.
Sometimes in certain situations we might think it’s impossible to get through or accomplish that we start to believe it ourselves. Many of us face challenges in life but with a negative mindset, nothing will get done or it can even hold you back into trying to attempt it. In the beginning, I mentioned how I’m a little bit of both. It's because sometimes the environment that we’re in can lead to some of us making bad decisions or falling into the wrong group. Some environments can be very violent and sometimes people fall into all of that because they’ve grown up around that and it’s just something they’re used to. If the environment isn't healthy and negative, it can affect the people that live in it. A healthy environment can create many depressive feelings and in general it can harm everyone. I agree a bit that we are products of our environment but I mostly believe we are products of our expectations.
I agree but also disagree with your statement Thalia, I said the same thing when choosing which statement to believe, of expectations or environment. I believed that a person didn't have to pick just one route however you can't have both at the same time.
ReplyDeleteHi Thalia,
ReplyDeleteI can relate to how you mentioned that you are a bit of both. Usually, we do not realize that the decisions we make aren't made because we firmly believe in them but, because the environment we are in or the opinion of others. Although, we should not let others play a part in our decisions we are humans and make mistakes. The environment we surround ourselves with may affect the way we may view situations.
Hey Thalia! Thanks for sharing! I agree with you and I loved how you said that by being surround by positive expectations, we follow those outcomes. I agree with you, by doing this we get better results of our decision making.
ReplyDelete