Is pop culture good for you?
Is Pop Culture Good For You?
I believe pop culture is good for everybody and it’s something many people use nowadays. There are a few differences because in one of the ted talks it mentions how pop culture is dead just because social media is running it. Social media does play a big role in today's society because a lot of people depend on it. Even speaking for myself, I use social media every single day. I usually spend more time on tiktok that also connects to pop culture because of the different varieties that are shown in the app, along with instagram and facebook. It’s a combination of all but I don’t necessarily think that pop culture does anybody any kind of harm or it’s a bad thing for people. Pop culture has actually been trending a lot due to the technology that we have nowadays.
For example, we can’t compare how times were before because many people in order to listen to music they would have to carry a radio with them or just the radio in general that most cars had. Nowadays, with the technology that we have; our phones replace “radios' ' from before because we can play any time of songs and even shows/commercials we can hear and see them through our devices. Also the cars that we have nowadays also come with bluetooth where we just connect our devices and play anything that we want instead of just having to hear certain radio stations. While watching another ted talk of “why pop culture”? Pop culture isn’t just television, radios and those things, it also relates to cultures and arts that are presented in museums. Pop culture has to do a lot with it being online. As an example that was presented in the ted talk was when the speaker showed a cat and said for it to be pop culture it would have to do youtube. A cat can’t do youtube but what he meant was it would have to be shown on the media for it to be known and in a way attract people to watch it.
As mentioned in the article of “ watching tv makes you smarter”, it mentions how television shows make the audience think straight and gather up information about what they're watching in order to understand and get the message that’s being sent. It gives me the chance of being able to follow different scenarios that lead up to the main theme of it all just like the sopranos. I have watched any tv show years ago (i don't watch tv anymore) I remember times where I would be so confused of what was happening in a show because there wasn’t enough information being provided to me. I used to be stuck between different thoughts of what the show wanted to tell me. Nowadays, I feel like the theme and what the outcome is going to be is just being thrown at us from the start. I believe that overall pop culture has changed throughout the years but it still benefits us as entertainment and gives us knowledge.
Good post. Watch out for grammar and capitalization issues (titles of articles, etc.)
ReplyDelete